Esoteric Yoga Classes
Esoteric Yoga is the Yoga of Stillness. A deeply nurturing and enriching practice that supports you to return to the essence of who you truly are.
Esoteric Yoga is also known as the Yoga of Stillness. The purpose of the practice is to reunite the body and the being together, return them back to union.
The practice is simple, no fancy postures, and follows a specific sequence that includes only a few movements divinely designed to support the body to come to a place of stillness – our innate, natural state of being although long forgotten for most of us.
Esoteric Yoga supports us to return to a way of living and moving our body that is in true connection. How we move is important in that it has a direct effect on how we feel from within. When we move in a quality that is gentle and connected we are supporting our health and wellbeing and able to access our inner-most, that aspect of us that lies deep within.
The practice of Esoteric Yoga/The Yoga of Stillness offers us the space for us to connect to our essence and feel who we truly are. To feel that we are so much more than the physical body – that there is also the being residing within the body, that we are multi-dimensional.
Esoteric Yoga is a profound, non imposing and all round health-care modality that is complementary to conventional medicine. It can be enjoyed by all, regardless of age or physical abilities.
The benefits of Esoteric Yoga include :
- An increase in body awareness and focus of the mind.
- A development of stillness.
- Provide and learn how to deeply rest the body.
- Increase your vitality and support your immune system.
- Stress reduction.
- Release of tightness and tension.
- Re-connection to our multi-dimensionality.
Read more about our experience of Esoteric Yoga, The Yoga of Stillness.
We offer online group programs and private sessions in person or online.
Upcoming Program – 6 week Esoteric Yoga with Donna
Commences Friday 28th May 2021| 6 -7am AEDT (other time zones 9pm UK (Thurs), 10pm EU (Thurs)
Class dates are as follows:, 28/5, 4/6, 11/6, 18/6, 25/6, 2/7
Cost of program: $92
Classes are run via online via Zoom. You can attend the classes live or via recording. Upon booking for the program, you will be sent the Zoom link for the program within your confirmation email.
Private classes are also available in person or online.
Program & Class Structure
Group classes – 1 hour (apart from week 1 which will be 1 hour 15 mins to include an introductory talk) and will run over 6 consecutive weeks.
Private classes – 30 mins or 1 hour, either online or in person.
Our programs are on offer for complete beginners or for those who have experienced Esoteric Yoga before.
The format for an Esoteric Yoga class
- The class will start either in a lying down or sitting up position.
- Simple movements guided by your practitioner such as lying down, sitting up, bending a knee, straightening the legs, opening and closing the eyes.
- Extended periods of time of lying down and deep rest.
- You will be guided by your practitioner to reconnect with your body and the quality of stillness within.
What you will need in preparation for the class
- A quiet space to practice where you will not be disturbed.
- An exercise mat or floor space. The practice can also be done on a comfortable and supportive bed mattress.
- A mobile device with camera on and facing towards you on your mat.
- Cushions, pillows to support the head, neck, spine, your hips, your legs in both the lying and seated positions.
- Blankets/covers to keep your body warm. An eye pillow may also be used to support a deeper letting go and enhance the nurturing quality of your practice.
The course format is designed to support the integration of the wellness, awareness and stillness developed during each session into your daily life. This way, the yoga becomes a living way.